We Do Whatever Is Necessary To Advocate For You During Divorce
At Cauthen, Oldham & Associates, P.A., we are ready to advocate for you in your divorce. Whether it is contested or uncontested, we always have the best interests of you and your children at the forefront.
We find that settling divorces through negotiations and mediation generates the least stress. This makes it easier to maintain a working relationship with your spouse that can be beneficial, especially when children are involved.
However, if going to trial may be the best solution in your individual situation, we are not afraid to do so. Our attorney, David E. Cauthen, is prepared to do whatever it takes to get what you deserve and ensure your children have everything they need to live their most successful lives.
Helping You Through The Difficult Decisions
Once divorce proceedings begin, you will be required to make a lot of choices that have an impact on you, your financial stability, your assets, your children and other areas of your life. You want to be sure you are making the best choices for you and your family, and we can help you do that. We can assist you with all elements of the divorce process, including:
- Property division: Florida is an equitable division state. Assets are not necessarily divided equally. We will work on your behalf to get what you deserve.
- High net worth divorce: We will help you protect your own assets and ensure marital assets are divided equitably and fairly.
- Finding hidden assets: If your spouse is hiding assets from you, we will work diligently to find them and make sure they are accounted for and divided equitably.
- Divorce for business owners: A shared business can make divorce difficult. We will help you understand how the business will be valued and distributed.
- Divorce and foreclosure: For many couples, being able to afford a large monthly mortgage payment means both of you are putting money into it. Thus, your house may face foreclosure in the event of a divorce. We will work together to find the solution that works for you.
- Alimony: It is important that both parties maintain financial stability. Regardless of whether you need spousal maintenance or are being asked to provide it, we will do what we can to ensure you have the resources to support yourself.
Your Children Are Our First Priority
Of course, your children are an important concern. Child custody can be an especially contentious situation, along with child support. More than anything, we want them to be safe, cared for and supported financially. We are prepared to fight for the best interests of your children, and every decision will be made with them in mind.
Get The Help You Need
Regardless of your situation, you can trust us with your divorce. With over 40 years of experience representing residents of Tavares, Florida, and the surrounding areas, you can be confident in our ability to represent you, too.